Friday, September 30, 2011

what works in beauty

I was getting ready this morning and as I was shampooing my hair and applying my makeup, it hit me I need to write about my best beauty finds! I'm always changing it up and trying new things....especially makeup. I am a makeup junkie. So here's my first installment of "what works in beauty".

1. Softlips Chapstick
The best chapstick...ever!!!  I have been using it for years. Like I said I always switch it up, but not with my chapstick. This is the only stuff that truly moisturizes my lips and keeps them soft for hours. And a plus is that it is so tiny you can easily keep it in your pocket. You can buy this anywhere (Target, Walgreens, etc..)

2. Sheer Blonde-Go Blonder Lightening Spray
This is a new find for me, also a newer product. I've always been a fan of John Freida products, from shampoo to hair dye. So needless to say I was excited to try this!! A girl at work told me about this and then I saw a coupon for this in my newspaper..it was a sign!! So I tryed it and it worked! It's really cool to watch it in action. How it works is you spray this on towel dryed hair wherever you want to lighten it. I spray it on my roots in between dying it. It instantly lightens anything that needs to be lightened. After it's spray blow dry and style. The heat is what activates it. I highly recommend this!

3. Sheer Minerals-Avon
I am constantly trying different brands of makeup, to see what works best. And Avon has yet to let me down. I'm such a firm believer in their product and company that I'm looking into becoming a representitive. This powder does just what you want a powder to do, cover flaws. Any imperfection one swipe of this and it's blended it. After I tryed this product, there is no way I'm going to switch to another powder. I love it!! And the best part...it doesn't cake! You can buy it through Avon.



4. Revlon Lipgloss
My thing is lip gloss. I have a drawer full of different lip glosses and lipsticks. What can I say it's an addiction? But I have to say the best lip gloss that I've come across so far is this one. I've never really tryed a lot of Revlon but I read an article on how well this lip gloss works. And then I stumbled across this pink color and decided that I had to try this! And mannn am I glad I did!! This lip gloss goes on the actual color that it shows in the tube, and get this it actually stays on!! If you love lip gloss...you will love this believe me! After anyone I know trys this, they go an buy it. A must have.


5. Organix Shampoo and Conditoner
I always used to pass by this in the shampoo aisle and smell it. Seriously this went on for months. I don't know why it took so long for me to try it. I read good reviews, it smelled amazing, it was organic. That's what sold me! It was organic. And I love the whole natural thing. This seriously makes my hair sooooo soft! I love love love this! You can get it at any store. I can't wait to try all of the other smells :)

2 comments:

  1. Oooo, I LOVE these posts! K I am obsessed with chap stick so I for sure need to try that. And I have always wanted to try the coconut shampoo and conditioner in that same Organix brand. Now I want to try that kind too :) Thanks for sharing! You're adorable, I am your newest follower!!!

    ReplyDelete