Tuesday, September 20, 2011

our little rummage sale

Like I was saying in one of my last posts Tav and I had a rummage sale last Saturday. It was a success!!! It's such a great feeling to rid of the old. So many things just make clutter, it feeks like a weight has been lifted. Of course we didn't get a chance to sell it all (believe me there was a LOT!!) Tav and I are pack rats. So we donated the rest to Goodwill. It feels great to give back. I think every few months I'm going to try and find things to donate. Back to the rummage sale, we had the most interesting array of people. Luckily we didn't have to deal with any cranky people. But I have to say the old men won the day. We had one old man tell us this old story about a swan and another old man tell us all about his trip to Iowa. Which was actually great information because Tav and I are going to be roadtripping there there begining of October to see Caroline. Old men always make me smile :)

The weather was totally nuts!! I woke up around 5:30am and headed over to Tavs at 6:00am. It was freezing!!! From there we set everything up outside and then James came to take over for a bit while we posted signs (almost got hit by cars), got change, and stopped at her grandmas quick. Lot's to do!!! The sale started at 8:00am and we had so many people away..yaaaay!! We sat outside freeeeezing, when Tav discovered she had just enough Snuggies for us 3...hip hip hooooray!!! They were amazing. Add in some hot coco and you have our day. We went from "Brrrr" to "geeesh it's hot out!'' Leave it to Wisconsin to go from hot coco to nose burns.













What I'm wearing:
Hat-Forever 21
Scarf-Old Navy
Snuggie-Tav's
Jeans-Forever 21
Jacket-Kohls

4 comments:

  1. hey girl, just stumbled across your blog. so cute! can't wait to read more!
    xo TJ

    http://mrtaylorandhislady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! :D You looks so cute! Love the hat with your bangs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys look so cute and cozy! Looks like an amazing day :)

    New follower, please stop on by:
    http://www.penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete