Monday, September 12, 2011

a listen down memory lane...

Soooo I was on Busy Bee Lauren's site and she had the best post up. Something so simple like a song can bring you back to so many memories. The moment that song comes on it brings you right back to that amazing...and sometimes not so amazing memory. So here are a few that bring me back, every feeling, every moment of it.

Song 1: Gimme Gimme Gimme
I've always been a fan of ABBA and all of their songs. But this one stands out more than any other for me. A few years ago my friend Naomi and I went to an ABBA tribute band concert and were soooooo excited!! So we decided to go dressed in ABBA like attire. For us this meant my moms old clothes, they were perfect!! Oh and another fun fact this was around when Mama Mia came to the theaters and I was soooo in love with that movie!! We got to the concert and everyone was complimenting our outfits saying how they loved them. Before we knew it we took our seats and the manager of the show came up and asked if we wanted to meet the actors. Ummm of course!! After we met them we took our seats thinking we were all cool and stuff. Before we knew it the show was coming to an end :( But for one of the last songs they said "we would like to invite our new friends Megan and Naomi to the stage" We were SOOOOOO excited!! We basically ran to the stage and when we got up there we got to sing this song. One of the coolest nights ever.

At the ABBA concert
 Song 2: Hey Mickey
What I remember about this song is every Friday night Tavi would come over and we would dance to this song at my dads house. And you see Tavi doesn't dance so this was a special moment lol. Us nerdy 5th graders rockin out. To this day everytime I hear this song I can't help but giggle a little. I mean we were talented :p I think we borrowed some of the moves from "Bring it on" hahaha.


Song 3: Mine-Taylor Swift
This song brings me back to last fall. Everytime I hear it (and that is quite often believe me!) my mind goes right back to The Little Farmer, late nights in Fon du lac and just every moment of it. Last fall we met some new friends so we were so pumped to go and do everything with them! Right at that time this song was #1 and it would constantly play on all of the radio stations and the guys would always wanna change it. But Jill and I would through a fit until we got to hear Taylor Swift!! And then when her CD came out Jill and I went and listened to it for hours while just aimlessly driving around town.This song makes me think such happy memories :))...and the music video is adorable!!


Song 4: Vanilla Twilight
 This song literally makes my heart ache...this song holds amazing memories of me and my ex-boyfriend. Once again this song was popular at the time when we were together and he would tell me how this was our song. He had me fooled that we were perfect for eachother. It was winter and we would do everything together from dancing, skating at the roller rink, sledding and normal things like movies..and sneaking into hotel playgrounds. He will always hold a very special place in my heart and the instant I hear this song I can't help but smile thinking of those once happy times.


Song 5: Bad Romance
This song is my song. I mean I go totally nuts whenever I hear it. So it contains about 50 million memories lol. But I'll start with a few of my favorites. For a while I had a "clubbing" stage..totally funny I know. But that's when I first heard this, instantly it was love. I loved this song. If it came on in a friends car, I would flip my hair and go nuts. One night at the club, it came on (my request) and my ex and I started dancing to it. Everyone cleared the floor and it was just us...totally totally awesome!!!  Another fun memory with this song is when we were meeting some people for the first time at Buffalo Wild Wings and I put in a request for this song. It came on and I pulled Naomi out of her seat and was like "I NEED TO DANCE!!!" So we were there in the middle of the restaurant headbangin and havin a blast. Definitely a great first impression I know :p


Song 6: Marshmallow World
One of the greatest Christmas songs ever!! I hear this and it brings me back to my childhood dancing around the kitchen while making cookies listening to this cassette. And then later playing it again while we decorated the tree :) In my head I always imagine my grandpa doing a funny dance to it...in a Marshmallow World of course :p He's silly like me so he totally would heehee.


Song 7: Holler Back
Memories are endless with this song, really. Naomi and I first saw them play at a fair here in Oshkosh and were like woooooah these guys are like really good!! Luckily we got to meet them afterwards (they were so dang nice!) After that we were hooked we looked up when they were going to be in WI again and that was 13days from then at the Milwaukee Zoo (weird right??) Well whatever we were game! We spent the day at the zoo and then it was concert time we were waiting in the front row when this lady asked if we wanted 2 backstage passes her friends couldn't make it...ummmm yes we do!! So we got to go and meet them..again! And then it was showtime and once again they put on a rockin show!!! We talked to them after the show for a bit and fell even more in love with them! A month or so later they had another show in Green bay, we were so there! Front row again baby (this makes 3 times front row!) We were singing and whippin our hair when one of the songs came on and Stokes (my favorite band member) got down and sang a song right to me. Everyone was staring and I was soaking up every moment of it! After the show we said our hello's to them again and Stokes gave me his sunglasses for the picture :) Man that was the best summer of my life. The begining of the song is undeniable, it takes me back to the summer 0f 2010 and going to these shows. Thinking back they truly are the reason I fell so in love with country music.



Song 8: Gold Digger
May I just say that I was cool enough to know all of these lyrics :p I was totally obsessed with this song..listening to it again I still kinda am haha. We'd go to the roller rink every Fri night in middle school and when this song would come on..watch out I was gonna spit my rap...yo. This is good stuff man haha!

Song 9: Shadow
This song is actually great. Whenever I'd get really mad I'd close my door and blare her CD. It was my "leave me alone!!" music. And really her first CD was filled with some of my favorite songs. When I hear this I feel strangly at peace knowing I've come a long way. But to this day I still put in this CD on a bad day.


Song 10: Ticks
The story behind this song could write a novel...I'll try and shorten it up for ya. The same day Naomi and I went to the first fair and saw "The Lost Trailers" we also saw another musician named "Jay Taylor". Naomi told me all about this guy she told me he was really cute and really talented. Man was she right. You have no idea how right. He played first and didn't have a big crowd because of the rain and when he started to play this song I thought "wooooow this is good, he rocks, this song rocks" that's the kind of nerd I am. We talked to him after the show a bit and I was hit like a ton of bricks, not my typical kinda fella He made me step out of my comfort zone. We walked around and stopped back later that night. To my surprise he was on for a second show!! So we made our way to the front row (much bigger crowd now) and he sang this song to me. I couldnt help but giggle. I thought wow this truly is the perfect moment and I will never forget it. Later that night I found him on myspace (yes myspace lol) and he messaged me the next day!! He told me he loved meeting me and would love for me to come see him in Shawano in a few weeks, I found a way to make it work. Naomi and I were on our way to Shawano (he didn't even know we were going for sure) but sure enough we showed up. I saw him there on the stage and felt sick..what was I doing. I started to walk the other way when Naomi turned me right around and sent me his way. I went up and said heyyyy, his face lit up. I could tell he was glad to see me! But then we got interupted, and so his friend and band member Trevor stepped in and took us backstage and asked if we wanted to sell merchandise. Duhhh. Then we went our seperate ways, they had to go back to their hotel to get ready for the show. We were invited so we said maybe...then decided yes let's. We showed up and helped them get ready for the show. We sold their merch and had a total blast!! Next thing I know Jay was inviting me to another show this time in River Falls (like a 5 hour drive) I wanted, no needed to go. So I found a way. After all he offered to pay for me and my friend's hotel room. We made our way and during this song pulled moves that actually made him mess up his lyrics haha. Priceless. To this day we are great friends and everytime I hear this song every moment comes rushing back to me.



Song 11: Wannabe
Ohhhh The Spice Girls. When I was growing up they were the coolest of cool!! I was always Baby Spice I'd dress up and perform with my sister and cousins. I was so obsessed I even had my dad get me all of the Barbies for Christmas one year. He did the impossible and got them for me. He said people were absolutely crazy about getting these things, kinda like the movie "Jingle all the way". Thanks again Dad :) And then that summer we drove to High Cliff with my mom and the whole way there Tav and I listened to all of their CD's on my little CD player. Man they were cool. Good times.

Song 12: All over me
Naomi and I headed to Nashville summer of 2010 and this song played nonstop there and back. And while we were there :) It was truly our Nashville jam. That was a trip of a lifetime and this song always reminds me of that :))


That was so long..I'm sorry haha. But it truly is amazing how a song can take you back in time. I bet I even had you thinking back to a few. Go and listen to some oldies that take ya back tonight :)

1 comment:

  1. omg! YES Marshmallow World is one of the BEST Christmas songs. :D Love how memories are tied to music. :)

    ReplyDelete