Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Holy Hill

It's tradition for my family to go to Holy Hill every year. We've always gone in the summer but the last few years we've been going in the fall. It's like a mini retreat, it is BEAUTIFUL!!! You drive up and automatically feel at peace with everything and just overjoyed with happiness. First we went to mass in the most beautiful church ever. Tall ceilings and beautiful stained glass all over. Ever since I was a little girl I've been saying that I want to get married here :) After mass grandma and I were very hungry, lucky for us there is a quaint cafe right outside of the church. My favorite there has always been the turnovers, sadly they were out so we ended up getting some apple pie. Man did that hit the spot!! Now with some energy we headed down the trails to look at the stations. Down the trail it is surrounded by trees and just beautful naturalness. It really makes you forget the worries of the world. The stations are so beautiful and heart renching. It shows step by step how Jesus was nailed to the cross. After that it was looking like rain so we went to Fondu lac to get lunch (I had the most amazing veggie burger...ever!!!) and then we went shopping :)

All and all this day was lovely :) I am so lucky to have spent it with mom and grandma!









I highly recommend anyone who lives in Wisconsin stop here for a day it truly is just what you need to really connect to God on a greater level :)

Day 14: Flowers





5 comments:

  1. AW! How fun! :) And I love the new blog look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like traditions. They're the one constant thing in everyone's life. Don't ya agree? Going to Holly Hill with you family is a great one. The place sounds so serene and the apple pie looks heavenly!

    XoXo, Bree
    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/
    Tweet me: Viva_La_Breee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gentri-Thaaaaank you...I needed somethin new :p

    Bree-the apple pie really was heavenly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan,

    Holy Hill is really a beautiful place. I am glad you had fun. Also, the flowers from the farmer's market look really vibrant in these photos - nice editing.

    Mindy

    ReplyDelete