Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Zooey Deschanel makes nerdy look cool

I first heard of Zooey Deschanel when she starred in the movie Elf. I remember thinking I'm going to be seeing more of her. It may have been that her and Will Ferell were hilarious together...because they were!! Next I saw her in Failure to Launch and was intriqed by her. She always plays the most unique roles. I have to say my favorite role that she has done is definitely her role as Summer in 500 days of summer. Even though I kept getting mad at her charecter I couldn't help but want to keep watching!! It was like an addiction, and her clothes were to die for!! But I'll get back to her style in a moment. Her newest role is on the sitcom "The New Girl". She's a nerdy girl who just broke up with her boyfriend and starts living with these 3 guys. I've only seen 2 episodes, but needless to say I'm hooked. She truly makes nerdy cool.

As much as I love her as an actress I'm also obsessed with her music. When I heard her sing in 500 Days of summer I decided to look up her music. I hit the jackpot!! She is one of the members of the duo "He and She" and their music is just what I love!!! It's very retro and awesome!!! I just sit back and enjoy the sounds of this awesome duo.

Lastly...let's talk style!!! This girl is one of my biggest style icons! Much like me she basically lives in skirts and dresses, after all they are wayyyy more comfortable then pants :p Everything she wears is very retro/vinatge based. I never see her in something that doesn't make me say "I need that outfi!!!" Needless to say I am a fan. Zooey Deschanel is clearly awesome...and she doesn't have to wear barely anything for everyone to think so. She's bringing nerdy back :)














7 comments:

  1. I love Zooey, too! It's her hair that always makes me jealous. She was amazing in 500 Days of Summer - totally believable as Summer [even though she was an awful wench].

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I already saw a movie with her, but I need to confess: I think she's SOOOOOOO beautiful! Her eyes and hair makes me really, really jealous. And her style is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. she's soooo gorgeous, it's not fair! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree her style is amazing!Love me some Zooey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's true. she is super cute. and i love her music, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm in love with this new show and i absolutely LOVE her!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Megan,

    I am glad you did a post about Zooey - I love her!

    Mindy

    ReplyDelete