Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Every mile a memory...

Hello! Hello!!!

Tonight I thought I'd share some photos from a day trip to my aunts shop in Poysippi.
Believe it or not a day last week my mom, sister and I all had a day that worked for us to go and do something!!...yaaaay!!...this like never happens!
The weather was lovely, a bit chilly but hey it's November. 
We had a beautiful drive there looking at all of the amazing scenery on the country roads.  
Barns and leaves for miles to see. That's my kind of drive!!
Finally we get there and it's just as I remember it. You see I basically grew up in this shop. And yet years later the smell has managed to stay the exact same. One of the most amazing memorable smells ever...I wish you could smell it I really do!!
Anywhooo we got there and took it all in. Mindy and I spent a great deal of time in the room with tons of vintage wonders. We had luck!! She found a vintage birdcage topper that she's going to use as an earring holder in the upcoming craft fair this weekend. She also found a 3 tier wheelable table that she's also going to use. I found the coolest mini Samsonite luggage (I will take a picture...promise!!). But I've decided to deck the inside out with some bright retro fabric and use it as a hair and makeup case for fashion shows and photoshoots. I acutally used it tonight for my fashion show and LOVED it!! It is so beautiful, I am glad I found it!! I was hunting for one for ages. Little did I know I'd find one at my aunts shop..but man am I happy I did.
We came at the perfect time she just decked out the store for Christmas. So needless to say I was a happy camper. Heehee.











Like I said this store holds an insane amount of memories for me. When I was a little girl I'd come up here with my Grandma and spend the day with my cousin Abby (as pictured above^^) we would play with our dolls for hours. I remember having sleepovers in their house (which is right above the store) and watching Clueless all night!
One time Abby and I were playing with our Lee Middleton dolls outside the store, we were probably like 10 and the newspaper pulled over and asked us for our picture...ummm hello how cool is that!?
It turns out he thought they were real babies...hhaaha. They were crazy lifelike though. But that was awesome business to my aunt who sold those dolls. Long story short we made the front page of the newspaper with those dolls and our matching outfits...I seriously have to find that photo!
Nothing but great memories :))

Here's an oldie....glad we grew into our looks :p

If you ever find yourself in Posippi WI stop on in!!! You will find good company and so many things that you will just adore!!

Also check out her store on FB...Country Rose Shops

1 comment:

  1. Adorable!Love,love,love the Mason Jars,oh,AND your BOOTS!!!

    ReplyDelete