Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Black Friday...it's go time!!!

Ohhhhhh Black Friday....either you love or hate it.
Me??? I have always had a lovely obsession with it!!

But you see for me it has always been a grand night/day. My sister and I would eat Thanksgiving dinner and then go home and through on Santa hats. Running on no sleep and upscene amounts of coffee we would venture. We would always hit the outlet mall first (opening at 10pm and then others at midnight) from there we would hit up everywhere else depending on the scedule for that year. Usually Walmart, Kohls, Target and then the mall. Man it was great... We are pros (but very nice about it) not like those mean big ladies who push eveyone aside and make you wanna cry. We could take her...we're that good!! We get what we want and yet make friends! It's awesome!!
That brings us to this year...working retail of course your sceduled Black Friday. This year I had 2 retail jobs. Equaling a total of 19 hours of work, nonstop. Not gonna lie it was brutal. By my last hour or so at Coach I was hallucenating. 3:30am-10:30pm isn't the best day especially with ca-razzzy people. But I did it in the name of Christmas...no Grinch here :)
After Thanksgiving I had every intention of going home and napping a few hours before I opened. But then I started seeing the Black Friday ads...and the commercials!! That was it! I would go from 10pm until about 2am or so. I had to get some good deals!! And I did!! So worth it. Mindy, Jason and I hit up Walmart to get some DVD'S (I stocked up) and Jason found the TV he'd been wanting. It was a success.
After the joy and the crowds of Walmart we hit up Old Navy and I got to visit all of my friends (I used to work there for 3 years). It was so good to see the crew again!
All and all this year wasn't how I would've hoped. But it was still so special :) And let me tell ya. One I will never forget!
would you wanna mess with this???

this was only a small aisle at Walmart...

Gabby!!!! Love this girl :)

So happy about the TV...haha

2 comments:

  1. Your crazy girl!!!! I dont think I could ever tackle black friday!

    xo
    Classic & Bubbly

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED this post! To this day, I still have NEVER experienced a black friday shopping adventure. SAD! I was hoping to this year, but we were in the middle of nowhere for Thanksgiving. Darn it! I'm definitely hoping for next year!!

    ReplyDelete