Monday, October 10, 2011

Iowa...part uno

Well, well, well I am back in Wisconsin. But man did it feel good to just get away, even if it was only a 2 day trip. Sometimes that's all you need to relax and gather new inspiration. As you probably read we went to Iowa to visit Caroline and came across many interesting things on the way.

We started out and when we hit Wautoma (still in WI) we came across the coolest rock ever!!! Seriously awesome...so of course Tav and I pull over. How couldn't we climb that beast? It was so nice feeling at one with the world, so simple. Even for me and I'm afraid of heights haha. When we finally climbed back down we were taking a picture and this older man comes up to us and offers to take our picture and we're like "yes, thank you"!! And then he looks at me and says "when we were driving we saw you running to the rock and thought you were in a lion costume." I just kinda looked at him...let me tell you we were laughing at that the whole trip. Nice to know I look like I am in a lion costume :p After that we kept trecking and hit Minnesota...we were only suposed to be there about 10 min. But one wrong turn and we were there for an extra 45. Yes it totally sucked being all turned around, but honestly I'm kinda glad we took that wrong turn. We got to explore Minnesota a bit and it is BEAUTIFUL!!! Hills and trees everywhere, seriously amazing. Oh yea did I mention...we didn't have a GPS. Finally we hit Iowa!!! After all of the wrong turns and mix ups we made it! And were able to find Carolines college pretty easy :)

This was in Omro...it smelled sooooo bad


The giant awesome rock







Is that a lion???...nope just me in a yellow skirt and blonde mane

Bingoooo


Once we were there and found Caroline we got a super yummy boca burger meal. And then Caroline had to go to her taiquando class so Tav and I did some exploring around the campus. It really is a pretty campus...but sooo many hills and stairs lol. After about a half and hour we got bored so we played in a leaf pile. Such cool 21 year olds we are lol. But it felt good to just relax and chill and take fun leaf pile pictures!








Wouldn't you just love us to show up at your campus :p
 When Caroline was done we all got changed and ready to go out for a night on the town. Well...Iowa style :p The weather was perfect!! We ate at this really yummy place named "T-Bocks" They had amazing veggie sandwiches. After that we were going to go to this place called "Roscoes" but we walked in and turned right around. lame. So we ended up just walking around the town which was actually really nice. I love walks at night with good friends and new sights to see :)








This is chapter 1 of the trip. Tomorrow I will finish up with more of what happened and even more pcitrues :)






4 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun, and that you've seen a lot of gorgeous sites! This makes me want to road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan the Cowardly Lion,

    I love the big rock! So pretty! Also, the last picture you have on this post is gorgeous!

    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures, what kind of camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete