Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Iowaaaaa...part 2

Here is a look at the second half of our Iowa trip :)
Saturday had arrived and it was hot...I am talking hot hot hot. But we made the mot of it and still did outdoor adventures. First up was the ice cave, which was super awesome to go in. And in order to get to it we had to walk down this long country road. It was heaven to me, kinda reminded me of some of the ones I saw in Tennessee. After the cave we explored some of the shops in down town Decorah. I ended up finding some records for really cheap (The Carpenters, Johnny Cash and the Beach Boys Christmas). That made me very happy :) Then it was time for ice cream at Whippy Dipp..or my version Wiffy Dipple.











Once we finally got back to Carolines campus all we wanted to do was relax!! Buuuuut we couldn't we had to leave in a few hours and we didn't want to get behind scedule. So we got the tour from Caroline and then wondered around the beautiful leafy streets...where we found more leaves :p That's always a good time!






Heading home was much easier than heading there. We only got lost once, in this wicked place called Neshcoro. Seriously looked straight out of a horror film. It made us sick and scared and soooo thankful to finally get home!!! But looking back now I laugh a little...but never want to go back to Neshcoro again.







4 comments:

  1. It looks like such a fun trip!! And inmat have to stop and get an ice cream cone on my way home... Thanks. Hahaha!

    P.s. Be sure to check out the giveaway going on over at my blog right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the one with the yellow leaf! very cool, looks like ya'll had fun :) would love it if you would follow me! http://jaciedmonson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was nice to have you guys here :)

    see you in almost a week! yaaay now I'm coming home. and we can go to a haunted house.

    not neshcoro

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan,

    You and the yellow leaf are precious.

    ♥ Mindy

    ReplyDelete