Thursday, December 8, 2011

Some things you just don't grow out of...

Ever want to go back in time?? To a certain moment or a certain age?? This morning I have been listening to "The Lost Trailers" one of my all time favorite bands. And as I listen it brings back a flood of my favorite memories. How I miss those days, more then anything. They were some of the happiest times of my life.

Allow me to take you down memory lane with me...

Naomi heard that a band was going to be playing at the local county fair, she said they were cute with good tunes. Of course I'd go check them out with her! Where there is good music and good lookin fellas I will be there!! At this time I liked country music but didn't loooooove country music. After hearing them it forever turned me on to country music though. They were brilliant!! They started out with the song "Hollerback" to this day whenever I hear that intro it makes me start flipping my hair and longing to be in that front row again. Oh yea did I mention we got front row?? :p Everyone around us seemed to know the lyrics..but not us. But that didn't stop us we mouthed and mumbled along anyway haha. We even had a sign...oh yess we did! We were THAT cool. We've been listening to their music a few days before so we could really get our groove on. It said "Heyyy Lost Trailers Hollerback" what can I say..we were kinda little groupies. They were awesome enough to meet up with people after the concert to say hello and thanks. They were such nice people, I think it's because their southen :p That was only the begining...




 After that concert we listened to them on repeat...but not in a creepy way they just had a amazing music. The kind of music that really spoke to the heart. It made sense and it made me so happy. Their music for me truly was a gift. We looked up some upcoming concerts and to our surprise they were coming to Milwaukee!! Which was a blessing because they weren't a WI based band. Needless to say...we had to go. It was at the zoo which is a bit odd but really cool. So we roadtripped there and spent the day going to the beach and of course the zoo. But of course we got to the stage early enough to get front row. After all we were the loudest screamers and the best head bangers. It was only right. We were talking to people in the crowd before hand and this older lady (cow collector) offered us backstage passes before the concert. Was she serious?? She was!! So thank you again cow collector haha. We got to go and meet the boys before hand and that only got us more fired up! I'll never forget it! We went back into the crowd and got ready to jammm!! They put on one heck of a show that night! Ryder threw Naomi his guitar pick for her birthday. And Stokes jammed out with me. It was a truly perfect night to a truly perfect day.






After this concert we were on a music high. A month or so passed an bing bang we found out they were coming to Green Bay!! So sure enough we took off to Green Bay. It was at a place called "Tom, Dick and Harrys." Definitely a different atmosphere for us but we embraced it! It made us feel older...bah hahaha. During the concert Stokes got right down to my level and sang an entire song to me. Mannn if that man wasn't married haha. But again they put on a stellar concert. Every one we went to they knocked it out of the park. Just as good live as on the CD. And that is rare in todays world of music. We got to talk to them after the concert and Stokes gave me his sunglasses to wear. Way to big for my little head, but I loved every minute of it.




Actually after the concert we found this video they posted on their site of one of their concerts. You'll see Naom and I in here heehee.

A year or so went by and we heard rumors of the band splitting. Say it aint so!! So when we heard that they were coming to Summerfest we knew it very well be the last concert of theirs we go to. So we wanted to make sure it was special. Once again we got front row (that makes all 4 shows baby) and we had our poster (that once again makes all 4 shows baby.) Things were a bit different this time around. I don't quite know why or how...but they were. It was still an amazing time, just different. We jammed out to their show but this audience didn't even care to hear our boys they just wanted to opening act. I hate grumpy people! After the show we said our hello's as usual but they were rushed off in a hurry. Much different then we were used to. I knew right there that the memories of all these shows and travels with my bestie will live on forever. But I will never be able to relive those moments again. Things change and that isn't always easy.






As we went all over WI to hear this band we made so many memories. Memories that I will never forget. I remember my best friend and I having the times of our lives. And looking back I just wish I could have appreciated it more. Now she is in Colombia and I'm still in Wisconsin. I wish I could just go back to one of these carefree summer days, but I can't. And that's alright. But man those were some fun days that I will never forget.



If you've never listened to this band I highly recommend them! :)

3 comments:

  1. OMG THIS IS SO FUN!
    Loving the photos girlie
    xoxo
    Courtney Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan,

    I feel the same way about Crystal and I and the adventured we used to have before life got complicated (kids, exes, jobs...). Growing up is rough, but be glad that you and Naomi had the opportunity to do all the fun things you did. You two will always be friends, the relationship changes though (something I have had a hard time with). I love you.

    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( I know what it's like to miss things like this, it sucks when you're having a bad day. You just have to cherish the memories and be glad that you got to have these experiences. :) Don't worry, you will get to make more fun memories, you have your whole life ahead of you

    ReplyDelete