Sunday, December 4, 2011

The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.. :)

Tis the season for...Christmas music!!!! Let me tell ya I have been guilty of listening to this since September :p
But growing up listening to Christmas music was one of my favorite memories. We'd sing and dance and decorate the tree and the cookies.
As I got older I got into choirs so we'd start rehersing in Septemember, so I am used to listening to it for a few motnhs prior.
Here are some of my all time favorite tunes.
Now that we're in December it is all Christmas all the time on my blog.

1. [Silent Night-Bing Crosby]
My favorite Christmas song of all time! It is so beautifully written and fills me with a sense of peace. As a child I remember singing this at church on Christmas Eve. The feeling when everyone gathers and sings these words of praise, is undescribable. There is always magic in the air when this song is sung.

2. [Merry Christmas Darling-The Carpenters]
My mom would always play this song when we were growing up. Oh how I love Karen Carpenters voice. Everything about this song brings a smile to my face :) As I got older I better understood the lyrics. Beautifully written and beautifully sung.


3. [Santa Baby-Kellie Pickler]
Guilty. I love this song!! I have to admit I've mastered the Marilyn voice. I'll tell ya whenever I hear this song it makes me think of someone glamorous wearing fancy furs and everning gowns. One day I'm gonna need to make a music video to this! Haha.

4. [Baby it's cold outside-Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey]
I don't care what anyone says I really loved their version!! This song is ever so delightful. I got totally addicted when they sang it in "Elf"

5. [Christmas Canon-Trans Siberian Orchestra]
How can this song not send you chills?? My mom is a Trans Siberian Orchestra-aholic. So we heard a lot from them over the years. But this song has always been our favorite. There is just something about it.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Karen Carpenter's voice too!!I was just telling my friends this the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet Christmas songs. I'm a fan of Sufjan Stevens' Christmas songs.

    ReplyDelete