Thursday, August 4, 2011

curves ahead.

Hello, hello!! Tonight I would like to talk about womens weight in our society.

I am soooooo sick of hearing that girls have to be stick skinny. Whether it be on tv or in a magazine...you are BEAUTIFUL no matter what size you are!! And I really do mean that, our differences are what make us so unique and beautiful.

I've always been naturally curvy, and it hasn't always been easy to accept. Sure I've wished to be skinnier..but when it comes down to it...I have curves lol. And I've grown to love them!! I see the beauty in having a shape. It makes me who I am and that is a wonderful thing!! The most important thing is to be healthy. As long as you are healthy it shouldn't matter what size you are.

Luckily the standards are slowly drifting. Girls are learning to look in the mirror and love what they see. That is WONDERFUL! Ladies if you've got it flaunt it...you are bootylicious :p

Here are some good examples of gorgeous women who are looked as beautiful by everyone in America and aren't a size 2.
Kim Kardashion

Miranda Lambert


Scarlett Johansson

Jessica Simpson

Marilyn Monroe

Most importantly feel comfortable in your own skin. When you feel beautful, you look beautiful. :)

2 comments:

  1. i'm totally with you! society has made it out to be that we need to be so thin! i mean, if that is your natural weight that is fine, but if you are starving yourself to be thin that is not the case. any body type is beautiful in it's own way!

    love, rach.
    www.so--hi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan,

    This may be one of my favorite posts yet. You know I have done a lot of research on body image and that it is such a close topic to my heart and to my life. Thank you for posting. Let me know if you want book titles for this for you to read, or your your blog buddies to read. I have tons.

    Love, Your Curvy Sister,

    Mindy

    ReplyDelete