Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Hey Ya'll ...Nashville trip

A few weeks back Tav and I took a trip to my all time favorite place ever...Nashville!!! I can go to this place over and over again and still feel like I'm seeing it for the first time. This was Tavi's first time there so I was reallyyyy excited to show her around! Listen to me..knowing where things are!!

Here is a recap of the trip..I'll try to cut it down..

On the way there we only got lost like once or twice (not bad for us!!) All I can say is thank gahhh for a GPS! I really need to get me one of those bad boys.. We had a blast on the road. Road tripping with your besties..what's not to love!! We had our fair share of laughs from perverted truck drivers to getting the finger for no reason. But we couldn't help but laugh our butts off. Finally we got to Nashville. Poor Tavi she had to put up with me yelping with joy! This is my town..how could I not cheer and squeel and speed!? Before hitting our destination we ran into Walmart to grab a few must haves and ran into the bathroom and to my shock..it was the mens bathroom. Sounds about right haaha.



Lucky for us I have a friend that lives in Nashville so we had a place to stay. Shout out to Jay, thanks again for letting us noisy messy girls stay there :))
We got there late that night and just chilled. That's really all you want to do after a long trip. It was good catching up again. I have't seen Jay in a while. It's always great catching up with old friends again.


The next day Tav and I ventured out. And found this cute little cafe connected to the library with some dang good cake...good food to...but look at that cake!! It was so lovely when we left, sun shining warm. And then when we got downtow...cold and rainy..booo. But hey, rain is a good thing! I showed Tav Broadway st (only one of the coolest places in Nash). But decided to get out of the rain. So we hit up Opry Mills mall. It was actually my first time there (every other time it was closed due to flooding.) They had some awesome stores there to check out. And bonus I got some free goodies at Vera Bradley for my birthday. We bummed there for a few hours and then headed back to the house to eat. On the way back my phone died so I just assumed I would go back and charge it. Buuuut no luck, it was broke. And no US Cellular. I was out a phone and it was only our first day there... Just my luck. We relaxed for a few hours and watched TV. Funny new show I'm addicted to it's always sunny in philadelphia. After a little Dumb and Dumber we decided to get up and go out. It was a Friday night in Nashville after all!!!


Tav and I went downtown and heard some goooood music. I just can't help but dance when I hear that music. It's like somehthing in me that just ticks!! I got told that I looked like Taylor Swift, psh she's gorgeous I'll take that compliment! We danced around for a bit and then went to The Wild Horse Saloon. We got to attempt some line dancing...key word here is attempt. But it was a blast!!




On the forecast for the next day..rain. Sigh...buuuut we made the best of it ...again.
I have been putting off getting a my blue butterfly tattoo for like 2 years. Not because I didn't want it but because I was so nervous! Even though I already have one. Weird right?? We got ice cream downtown (they thought I was a local AND I got a discount because the girl thought we'd be good friends.) People in the South are just so nice. After stalling all day I decided tattoo time! It was a parlor right on Broadway st. The place I always planned on going to get it done. 2 years ago my first time there I went in and chickened out. And then last year I went in but they were close to close and were closed on Sundays. So this was my time! Now or never. I went in told the man what I wanted and sat there nervously shifting. He was very nice but kinda weird. He sang to himself when he did the tattoo. It took longer then we thought but that's because he got caught up in detail. Looking back now I am soooo glad I went through with it! I just love it! And it didn't hurt nearly as bad as I thought it would. After tattoo time we went to Hard Rock for some yum yums.


We got back to the house and Tav didn't feel like going out again. And that was cool with me. I thought maybe Jay would...but he didn't. Instead we listened to records and chatted the night away. Perfect. It was so much better than going out would have been.


Before I knew it we were on our last day... :( So we went to The Farmhouse Restaurant if you are ever in Nash you should really go!! In the back we found this trail. Of course we didn't have our tennies with us. But it was so beautiful we decided to walk it anyway. And it wasn't raining!! Great trails! I would go back for sure! We even found us some walking sticks :p








That night I was very excited to check out the famous Bluebird Cafe. Musicians like Taylor Swift and Dierks Bentley performed here before they hit it big. We had good timing because right when we got there the line started forming. We didn't even know there would be a line...but good thing we were there haha. We met some nice people in line and then finally got to go in. Yet another place I would recommend. The food is amazing!! I loved the artist that was there to, they were so different and so talented and hilarious!! I guess they have open mic nights. I'm gonna have to go to one of those. This one of the highlights of this whole trip. Just a great vibe..very inspirational.


Last night back to the house. Boo. But when we got back Jay's other 2 roomates got home. I love these guys! We stayed up all night laughing and talking. Good company :)


Going home...sigh. It was a beautiful day!! We really didn't get lost ...bad.
But we did find this really cool place in Kentucky. We were told about this place called "Cave of the mounds" at one of the gas stations in town. So we thought we needed to check it out. So glad we did! It.was.beautiful. I would go back in a heartbeat.



So glad we went on this trip. Good bestie bonding time :)
Ever since this trip I have been looking into how much apartments there cost and potential jobs. You never know where life is going to take you. I have a very strong feeling that this is where I belong. But it's up to God where he wants to lead me.

No comments:

Post a Comment