Sunday, February 26, 2012

Hello my name is Johnny Cash..

Last night I was trying to decide which movie I wanted to watch...I decided upon "Walk the line." Sometimes I forget how truly amazing this movie is (to me at least). Years ago I saw it in movies and the minute it came out on DVD I was right there to buy it. But somehow over the years it got buried in the back of my DVD's. Lucky for me I dug and found it last night!!! And may I just say...Johnny Cash is a legend. He is simply one of the best. I grew up listening to him (my Grandpa is a big fan) and to this day I am in awww of how truly different his sound is. In a brilliant way!! When I origianlly heard that they were doing a movie about his life I was a bit worried. Those are some big shoes to fill. But I think Joaquin Phoenix potrayed him very well, and Reese Witherspoon can never do any harm. They did an amazing job.





I am in LOVE with her style in this movie!!
Johnny Cash struggled with so many things in his life. Seeing the love between him and June was really what he needed. Seeing the 2 of them together really makes you believe in true, can't live without, do anything for love. When she died he died only 5 months later...that's love.








Now that is music.
Today just so happens to be Johnny's 80th Birthday if he was still alive.

1 comment:

  1. I love Johnny Cash! And that film too.. that was where I discovered him :)


    http://www.charlottesweb-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete