Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Farewell soda. Hello Lent.

Lent.


Is it really that time again??


Today starts the journey of Lent. I am a catholic and for most of us we will be attending Ash Wednesday mass at some point today. For me I will be going tonight with my mom. It really is one of my favorite mass's. The Church fills with people...so many people. It's beautiful. There's a certain feeling that will be there on a night like tonight. It can't be explained. Just beautiful and wonderful.


Along with Lent you are strongly encouraged to either give something up (most of the time it's sweets) or do something more.


Me???


I will be giving up soda.


Easier said than done. I love my soda..so so much. I am seriously a diet coke addict. But it will be a reminder everytime I go and reach for that diet coke. That if Jesus can die for my sins I can give up soda for a few weeks. It won't be easy...but I believe it will strengthen me as a person.


Farewell fizzy addicting soda...I will partake again after Lent.

6 comments:

  1. i think people that do lent are so awesome. giving up soda is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you can do it girl!!! I have faith! Wanna know something cool...I gave up soda for lent in 7th grade (I am not catholic but wanted to do something) and I havent drank it since...okay that is a lie...I HAVE drank it and thats mostly in alcoholic drinks (wow I sound like an alcoholic but I am NOT! Just vodka diets or frescas) and it is so freeing!! I seriously love water now and I am always full of energy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!! I'm so happy to find your blog. I am also giving up soda so we can get through it together!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies!! It's comments like these that are gonna help me get through it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute are you with that bright red bow? Good luck with giving up soda!

    XO,
    Erin
    erinscurrentlycoveting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are too cute girl! i love that you are even wearing a coca cola sweater. and that cute little red bow. good luck with lent! i know you can do it!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete