Monday, April 9, 2012

Hello 22.

Today is my birthday...it really snuck up on me this year. I was lucky enough to spend it with some good girlfriends over the weekend. And then tonight I'm going out with the family to the new Olive Garden in town.
Usually with every Birthday I am just overjoyed and exstatic.
But for some reason this one feels different...I don't quite know why.

I'm excited about being 22. For some reason I always pictured 22 as the perfect age. When things would all fall into place. I always thought by 22 I would be getting married, and know exactly what I want do with the rest of my life. Well...I'm not getting married anytime soon (unless there's some weird miracle on the way). And I am still unsure of exactly what I want to do with my life. I know the basics but did I spark something so wonderful that I had to jump on it right away. Not exactly. My problem is I sometimes overthink..shocking I know. I am really going to try with this new age to just jump in head first. If I want to do something or say something. It's gonna happen. I shouldn't feel  held back. If I wanna pick up and move to Nashville...I should already. If I need to tell someone I love them well feeling lightheaded kinda like I can't breathe I should. There have been so many "what if's" and this is me finally stepping in. I don't care if I make a fool of myself. You only live once. I'm already in 22 deep. I'm learning to thrive on inspiration.

This is my time.

So I cheers to a new age and new adventures. I truly can't wait. I'm not getting older just a little wiser :p

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! 22 is a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hey there! Happy birthday again girlie ! I'm following you now, please follow me too! :) http://katie495.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete