Thursday, July 7, 2011

Well, well, well...seeing as it was just 4th of July weekend I'd figure I'd share some pictures :)


 


well you just have to match the table clothes..
 4th of July has always been one of my favorite holidays. It may be because it's in the summer and I've always been a fan of summer. But it's always just been the best time with family and friends. 4th of July always seems to hold some of my best memories. I grew up living less than a block away from this carnival called Sawdust Days...and yes it may not look like your postcard carnival it was perfect to me. I would ride the tilta-whirl until I couldn't anymore. It's all I could do...I'm afraid of heights haha. As I got older we started moving down the chain of things to do at Sawdust Days besides just the rides. There was of course karaoke(which you could always find me singing Grease or Dancing Queen), the indian encampments where they sold jewlery and bear skin rugs...(I stuck to the jewlery) and then of course there is the cajun tent which is music and dancing and usually a lot of fun!! You always met the most interesting people in that tent and did the most intersting things. To this day whenever I hear cajun music I can't help but giggle. 



FIREWORKS!!
 


This year was just as fun..but I just felt older. Great I'm 21 and already starting to feel old lol. But we spent many days down here when we all weren't working. We once again hit up the karaoke tent (sang some Boondocks and Taylor Swift), watched the band in the cajun tent (but didn't end up dancing) and my favorite were the fireworks on the 3rd they were really awesome this year...filled up every inch of the sky :)
Sparklers have always been my favorite.
                                                                           What I'm wearing:
                                                                           Headband-Claires
                                                                           Shirt-Old Navy
                                                                           Shorts-Forever 21
                                                                           Shoes-Target


Mom and I on the 4th <3
 This year was just as fun..but I just felt older. Great I'm 21 and already starting to feel old lol. But we spent many days down here when we all weren't working. We once again hit up the karaoke tent (sang some Boondocks and Taylor Swift), watched the band in the cajun tent (but didn't end up dancing) and my favorite were the fireworks on the 3rd they were really awesome this year...filled up every inch of the sky :)


You can tell were related.. :p
 

I met some new friends...
 So all and all my 4th of July weekend was amazing...hope yours was to :) :)

What I'm wearing:
Sunglasses-Old Navy
Dress-Walmart
Earrings-Younkers
Headband-Kohls

No comments:

Post a Comment